When Fall rolls around, most of us head right to the Apple Spice or Cinnamon for our go-to air freshner. Step out of your comfort zone this season with this sophisticated all-natural potpourri!
Dried apple slices
doTERRA On Guard
doTERRA Cinnamon Bark
Put all of your ingredients into a bowl or container. Add 3-5 drops of essential oils to the top of your potpourri. Freshen it up with a few drops of oils as needed if scent fades.
Order these doTERRA essential oils here!
Visit our blog for more tips and recipes!
Chopped apple and a hint of cinnamon gives this ultimate comfort food a new twist.
- 6-8 cups peeled, cubed, and seeded butternut squash (about 2 medium). Pssst…most grocery stores have this all prepped and ready to go in the produce department.
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar, optional
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ pepper
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 container (6 oz) Greek Fat Free lemon yogurt or 6 oz Neufchatel/Cream cheese
- 1 drop doTERRA Marjoram E.O.
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
In Dutch oven, mix squash, apple, onion, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and pepper. Add broth. Cover; heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer about 20 minutes or until squash is tender.
Using a hand-held blender, blend the mixture until smooth. You can also do this with a food processor by adding ⅓ of mixture to the processor and then slowly adding the mixture to the processor until all soup is smooth.
Return to Dutch oven and stir in milk and yogurt. Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally, just until heated through. Add doTERRA Marjoram E.O. and stir gently. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with chives. Serve hot. Enjoy!
Follow us on Pinterest for more tasty doTERRA recipes!